• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New to the Forum, which book should i read first?

supastarx15x

hello. im new to this forum. I was wondering if someone could suggest a fun book to read. im looking for a book filled with Adventure. maybe a book about a Teenager (non-adult) as the main character. well, im not giving you guys a lot to work with, sorry. please feel free to throw any suggestions out.
Thanks in advance.

i have recently read
THE HOT ZONE by Richard Preston
THE STRANGER BESIDE ME by Ann Rule

looking for something Adventurous this time.
:D

Welcome to the Boards, superstar!

Err ... teenagers, right? Well, the book for/about teenagers is, of course, J.D. Salingers 'The Catcher in the Rye'. It's not really adventurous, though.

Adventure and young people. Lets see. You like Sci-Fi? 'Ender's Game might be something for you (haven't read that myself).

Just my tuppence worth.

Cheers, Martin :D

I'll second Missy Six and also recommend Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve, Exodus by Julie Bertagna and the Ice/Storm/Thaw trilogy by Stephen Bowkett are also very good. :)

In my opinion, the greatest novels which fit your description are Robert Louis Stevenson's "Kidnapped" and "Treasure Island".

There are, too, those about pre-teens such as Haugaard's "The Boy and the Samurai" (though you should read "The Samurai's Tale" first) and Mark Twain's "Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn".

Though not adventure novels, you may enjoy "All Quiet on the Western Front" By Erich Maria Remarque, and "Death Be Not Proud" by John Gunther Sr. if you are interested in how teenagers in specific react to certain situations and how they feel when pressured. "Romeo and Juliet" is also about a Seventeen and thirteen-fourteen year old. I would not advise it if you don't know who the author is, but I am sure you do.

Please note: The books I mentioned are of varying degrees of difficulty, as I was unsure of the level of the two books you mentioned, not having read them.

Originally posted by Martin
Welcome to the Boards, superstar!

Adventure and young people. Lets see. You like Sci-Fi? 'Ender's Game might be something for you

Ender's Game would be an ideal book to start on a book reading spree but if you want a fun book as you said then i wouldnt recommend it .It is a thinking book with a tinge of sadness
but hey why the fuss? just go ahead and read it

Dune by Herbert

Adventure by the tons and the protagonist, Paul is a still a teenager when the book begins. Besides, then the Lynch film becomes comprehensible, almost.

hmmm ... the words Lynch and comprehensible in one sentence, that's ... odd!

Cheers, Martin :D

Back