• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

No Smoking? Up Yours-- Take Heaven And Stuff It

Dov Ivry

Lots have done their near-death experience. I did mine. Got up to heaven. Things did not go well.

Book is entitled: No Smoking? Up Yours-- Take Heaven And Stuff It

It is free on Kindle June 2. This is my 10th book, second in the realm of fiction.

The Amazon number is B00CZ2WZ04.

My home page can be found by googling my name and 2inimeg, that's gemini backwards.

Dov Ivry

well think about the experience of stubbing your toe ... does it mean anything? perhaps, perhaps not ... it's what you make of it, the interpretation you put on it, the results that follow that have meaning not necessarily the experience in and of itself.

well think about the experience of stubbing your toe ... does it mean anything? perhaps, perhaps not ... it's what you make of it, the interpretation you put on it, the results that follow that have meaning not necessarily the experience in and of itself.

I don't think I'd need to analyze what stubbing my toe meant, obviously it would cause pain if I stubbed it hard enough and might be meaningful if it was the cause of inconvenience. I think pain is an experience in itself.

:rolleyes: let me guess ... you are one of the people who don't like analogies much :)

pain is just pain ... it comes, it goes ... but when you transcend pain through grace it takes on a new meaning therefore stubbing your toe can simply be 'ouch' which passes and you forget, or it can be an opportunity to learn something about ... oh say .. not reacting in anger and kicking the %&*$%^&*%$ chair across the room (if that is an issue for you) or it can be an opportunity to let go of your eternal reserve and let rip and kick the chair (therefore representing all the stuff you never say boo about) ... the experience is one thing ... what you do with the experience is another and pretty much what gives it meaning.

Thanks Meadow for your insight into my psyche - if that's the part of me that does or does not like analogies. Are you perhaps in the counselling business? ;)

hmmm dunno .... lofty?

I just think about things a lot ... tend to be the one sitting on the side observing, and I deflect with humour ... if that comes across as 'lofty' I'm sorry. It isn't intended to be.

:) Hello Dov: Am still at the place where you are up in heaven. This is an unusual book and I smile at your unapologetic and somewhat startling stance with politically incorrect subjects. You're certainly hot about the subject of smoking. I am surprised that you use the Torah as your authority and you appear to be 'down' on any other religion or dogma? Isn't the Torah produced by man just like the Bible?

I do find your book interesting and haven't read anything similar, shall pursue it further.

Hello Again Dov: Just scanned through the rest of the book as the content was outside my comfort zone - meaning I simply didn't understand it - you certainly have a great imagination and lots of knowledge of the music of the rock and roll period. Did you enjoy writing it?

Thanks for the opportunity of having a look at a book quite outside my normal choice of reading material - wishing you luck with your future endeavours.

Hello Again Dov: Just scanned through the rest of the book as the content was outside my comfort zone - meaning I simply didn't understand it - you certainly have a great imagination and lots of knowledge of the music of the rock and roll period. Did you enjoy writing it?

Thanks for the opportunity of having a look at a book quite outside my normal choice of reading material - wishing you luck with your future endeavours.

I'm also from Canada originally, the fog coast of New Brunswick. Great place to think in the fog. I've done eight non-fiction and this was my second attempt at fiction. Later this summer I'm going to try combining hockey with science-fiction for my third fiction. Without getting too heavy here my point is that faith needs to be rooted in science and when it is, there is no conflict.

except that faith goes beyond science. I don't personally see any conflict between faith and science in general except when science attempts to rationalize the unrationalizable. Faith is belief in that which is unseen, while science on the whole, only deals with that which can be seen, weighed, measured ...

except that faith goes beyond science. I don't personally see any conflict between faith and science in general except when science attempts to rationalize the unrationalizable. Faith is belief in that which is unseen, while science on the whole, only deals with that which can be seen, weighed, measured ...

It's true faith is from the heart. Otherwise all is physics. When you strip away what we are made of, you come to dead atoms. If the material is dead, where does life come from? That goes for all life, not just us. In order to answer the question you have to explore and identify every element in the sub-atomic world and that's a job for physics. You can't jump to conclusions on anything and that's where religion errs in supplying answers which have been pulled out of thin air. You should be able to talk about anything but the record of religion on allowing this is atrocious.

Back