• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

nostalgia

jenn

today is a bit chilly so even though i have shorts on, i put on a pair of socks. my favourite socks. they are heavy cotton, dark blue with a white band. i'm wearing them out. they are getting thin on the bottom. but i love these socks. i can't bear to part with them. they make me think of the song "this shirt" sung by garnett rogers, written by mary chapin carpenter. (however, no kittens were born in my socks.)

so what gives you jolts of nostalgia? what do you have tucked away that you couldn't stand to lose but anyone else would toss it?

jenngorham said:
today is a bit chilly so even though i have shorts on, i put on a pair of socks. my favourite socks. they are heavy cotton, dark blue with a white band. i'm wearing them out. they are getting thin on the bottom. but i love these socks. i can't bear to part with them. they make me think of the song "this shirt" sung by garnett rogers, written by mary chapin carpenter. (however, no kittens were born in my socks.)

so what gives you jolts of nostalgia? what do you have tucked away that you couldn't stand to lose but anyone else would toss it?

I've got a couple great t-shirts that are probably older than I am. They were hand me downs when I was a freshman in high school a decade ago. I have to hide them though, because a few have gone missing.

CD's, or rather a certain music gives me a special feeling and i wouldn't part with it for the world... oh and books...

I have whole boxes of stuff that I should just put a note on, "Kids, just throw this away when I'm dead cause it won't mean anything to you." :D

i have loads of old stuff packed up that i haven't been able to dig into for years. i'm gonna have so much reminiscing to do when i move. the only thing that brings me back now is my old photo albums. i love looking through them.

I have a stuffed monkey that has seen many better days but I still snuggle with it every night. The first boy I had a crush on gave it to me.

Back