• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

OMG "Tate Bee and the Goman Mysteries"

BookCHICK

I just discovered an amazing new book. Im getting that same feeling I do when I discover a really good band and I feel like its my special secert. I guess Im changing because this a secret I really want to share lol.
I found this book on Amazon. It has great elements of mystery and orginal elements of fantasy I have never read before. I highly reccomend this to anyone. I copied the back description from Amazon.

Powers, witches, and warlocks. They were once a figment of imagination and fairy tales for Tate Bee. Living in Goman, Pennsylvania, with his eccentric and overprotective grandmother, life was ordinary and routine. One day, his best friend, Luke Larson, leads him to the new shop in town that will change the course of his life. Not only will Tate learn the truth behind his parent’s deaths, but he will also learn the true meaning of LIGHT and DARKNESS. This is the beginning of Tate’s journey! What will become of him? Most importantly, will he assume his role as a BRIGHT-LIGHTER?

Hi BookCHICK,

Welcome to the forum. Would you like to introduce yourself to the forum? I moved this thread to the YA section as it does not sound like an adult book.

Your post sounds more like advertising than a person who has read the book, so would you like to tell us more about it from your perspective?

Well I always have the problem of giving too much away. The main character reminds me of myself. He lives with an overprotective grandmother, which is reminds me of my single mom when I was growing up. The author has a lot of new age elements. She creates the magic by translating them through auras. There are bright-lighter, who have a bright aura and dark-lighters who have a dark aura. Im far from an eloquent book reviewer, but there is emotional depth in the story and excitement. The small hints of mystery keep you turning the page. Even though its a short read the content is powerful and its a moving story.

Sounds eloquent enough to me :) Thanks for sharing. I am right in thinking this is more of a YA book?

Back