• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

one of you could be my savior

casbah27

This is bizarre, but I can't stop thinking about it. I've either dreamed this up or this story actually exists in book form. These pieces stick in my mind: it takes place in England. The main character is from the city, and his name is possibly matthew cunningham or something like that. He moves to a town, which is somewhat dingy and run down. There's a tatoo parlor and an old motel/apartment complex with a courtyard, and the rooms open out onto the courtyard with sliding doors. He meets several people, and two of them are girls named Ursa/Ilene/Ursula(something along those lines) and Lola/Lily(these girls may run the motel, im not sure). Ursa is more reserved and mature, and Lola is younger, more obviously attractive, blonde, etc. He also meets a Jamaican man i think, and he says that after a while, he'll realize that Ursa is actually much sexier. I remember other fragments, like garbage bags and cans in the courtyard of this motel that the main characters moves into, which is where he meets these people. I know this seems crazy, but if anyone has any idea of which book or story this could be, please let me know. It feels like a Gaiman invention, and I've read several of his books, so I'm hoping to get some direction. I would really like to revisit this story. Thanks!

Back