• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ouch!!!!!

Yeah, those hurt worse than cutting your whole hand off. Not that I actually have cut my whole hand off, I'm exaggerating.

Bath and Body Works and Origins both make a salt scrub. If you use that on your hands, all those little cuts will heal really quickly. Stings like the dickens, tho.

Ashlea said:
Yeah, those hurt worse than cutting your whole hand off. Not that I actually have cut my whole hand off, I'm exaggerating.

Bath and Body Works and Origins both make a salt scrub. If you use that on your hands, all those little cuts will heal really quickly. Stings like the dickens, tho.

Oh they do hurt something fierce, don't they? I am convinced losing the finger would be less painful.

I'll have to look for those scrubs, thanks! :)

RaVeN said:
I've always found it quite soothing to soak it in cider. :)

RaVeN
Is there a punchline to this or are you being serious for once?

And Chewbecca... if it stops the pain, I'll suffer with the greasy. LOL

Yeah, it's basically salt in an oily base, so the salt fixes the cuts and then it moisturizes. I had a sunburn a few years ago and it left a patch of skin that never feels quite right, and it helps with that, too. If you give it a few minutes, the oil soaks in and stops feeling quite so greasy.

Ashlea said:
Yeah, it's basically salt in an oily base, so the salt fixes the cuts and then it moisturizes. I had a sunburn a few years ago and it left a patch of skin that never feels quite right, and it helps with that, too. If you give it a few minutes, the oil soaks in and stops feeling quite so greasy.

I have such dry skin that the contrast is pretty obvious, no matter how long I wait. Usually the next day, though, my skin does feel softer.

I sympathise as did the same thing myself today. Was folding up a letter. :(
For that amount of pain, you certainly expect to have a really spectacular injury to show off to all your friends.
Sadly mine just bled like nobody's business for five minutes then disappeared as if it had never happened. :(

headpodd said:
Sadly mine just bled like nobody's business for five minutes then disappeared as if it had never happened. :(
Until you go to wash your hands every time for the next few days! Then you'll notice it again, even if you can't see it!

I recently visited a factory that produces cardboard packaging (work, definitely not pleasure). It was like entering one of Dante's rings of hell - my hands stayed firmly in my feckin pockets!

ControlArmsNow said:
I recently visited a factory that produces cardboard packaging (work, definitely not pleasure). It was like entering one of Dante's rings of hell - my hands stayed firmly in my feckin pockets!
Oh yeah, cardboard will cut you if you look at it wrong. :rolleyes:

Smart move on the pocket idea. ;)

{Tigress} said:
Oh yeah, cardboard will cut you if you look at it wrong. :rolleyes:

Smart move on the pocket idea. ;)

cardboard? but cardboard edges are so... dull... i dunno. or are they?

A couple weeks ago I cut open that bit on my hand between the thumb and the index finger on a bit of cardboard. Very painful, and took ages to heal. mostly because I kept picking at it. I find paper and cardboard cuts makes a refreshing change of injury. I'm dangerously clumsy when it comes to sharpened objects and things made of glass. Constantly cutting my hands open on knives, or smashing glasses on the floor then walking on the bits with bare feet. Probably the most bloody incident was when I stepped on my scalpel. Most unpleasant to look at was when I accidentally imbedded a mounted needle in my thigh. :eek:

So, I've always got really impressive injuries to show to people but because they're always done with something sharp they never really hurt.

I've only got three cuts on my hands at the moment. It's been a good week.

Litany said:
So, I've always got really impressive injuries to show to people but because they're always done with something sharp they never really hurt.
I've not your familiarity with encounters involving sharp objects, but back over the holidays I was chopping up some red cabbage for a salad and my finger slipped. My wonderfully sharp knife sliced a nice portion of the tip of my finger, and the only thing that stopped from going right through was my nail. That sucker never hurt. I couldn't believe it. It looked horrible, but never gave me a bit of pain.

Oh, and the clumsiest person I've personally ever known was the mother of a guy I dated years ago. She sounded it much like you here, but he crowning moment of glory was when she sat on knife, point first. :eek:

How girly can a thread get?! ('cept for RaVeN - although, he does have long hair)

Cheers, Martin
Grin.gif

Martin said:
How girly can a thread get?! ('cept for RaVeN - although, he does have long hair)

Cheers, Martin
Grin.gif
Do you have a problem with girls? :confused:

Oh, and btw... this is NOT how to woo a woman. :p

No, THIS is how to woo a woman, courtesy of Swiss Toni -

"You have to remember, Paul, that making coffee is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. It has to be hot, it has to be strong, you've got to grind your beans slowly... and at the last moment, add the milk. "

Dont you just love the Fast Show :D

Phil

Back