• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Outlander series gets green light

Oh that's great. I enjoyed those books and they are very suited to being made into a TV series. Although I'm sure I can hear fans of the books complaining about what was left out already.

I'm a bit of a stickler myself, but if I'm honest, I have to admit that you simply can't adapt a book for the screen without changing or leaving out certain aspects.

I'm curious to see what they will make of this.

Well, as excited as I am to see this, I already was questioning the casting of Jamie and Jack. The actors they picked were not really looking how I pictured the characters but then hair, makeup and costumes can do a lot for that :)

This is cool, the books were great and I am sure that if they have gotten the right Director, the series should be good.

Well, as excited as I am to see this, I already was questioning the casting of Jamie and Jack. The actors they picked were not really looking how I pictured the characters but then hair, makeup and costumes can do a lot for that :)

Yes, I'm not quite convinced yet either, but I'll save my criticism for when I have actually seen them in their roles.

This is cool, the books were great and I am sure that if they have gotten the right Director, the series should be good.
I saw that John Dahl is directing the first 2 episodes, I don't know if this means they will have different directors for the series or they are just giving him a test run :)

If Starz can do for Outlander what HBO did with Games of Thrones, than it should be good. Fingers and toes crossed.

Yeah I'm not sure how a serial killer, a vampire and a drug dealing school teacher add up to directing a sci-fi/fantasy/historical fiction/romance.

Back