• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pamela Anderson & her KFC boycott

She claims that KFC mistreats the chickens it slaughters. What a shock. Is knowing this going to put anyone off their greasy wing fix? I doubt it. The mere sight of her shirt-busting cleavage will make people (well men anyway) forget what she's talking about.

No. I absolutely was not aware that they had let her have one. She does a column in some girls mag over here. Or is it a problem page? Either way it's terrible.

what do you expect? and I haven't seen her new show either. Shouldn't be surprised she has one-some people can't get enough of her chest.

I was put off KFC before she got on her high horse. One time I was waiting for my order inside and saw a worker drop some french-fry cups on the floor, then pick them up and put them back on a shelf for other workers to use. Blech. And also in the same waiting period saw a worker come in from outside, and gice a high-five to a worker wearing plastic floves, who promptly turned around and began preparing food without changing gloves. Ick. AND then saw a worker, wearing gloves, use a rag to wipe off a preparing shelf and then start making tacos. I lost my apppetite. I wrote an email to KFC complaining of this unsanitary practices, and got a coupon for $10 off my next order, which I did not use. This whole thing really put me off fast food as a whole.

Well I'm eagerly awaiting the new Baywatch movie, its sure to be a cinematic classic ... especially as there is no Hasselhoff in it :D

Phil

Miss Shelf said:
Is knowing this going to put anyone off their greasy wing fix? I doubt it. The mere sight of her shirt-busting cleavage will make people (well men anyway) forget what she's talking about.

I hope you're no insinuating that beautiful and/or buxom women are unable to convey a message...?

I don't see how raising awareness of bad chicken farming/raising practices is a bad thing - often celebrities are the only ones who can really draw the media in and effect changes. Sad, but true.

In regards to hygene: - I worked for KFC years ago, and I used to train employees. I'm happy to report that in *my* store we were very hygenic from what I saw, largely I think because we were company owned rather than being a franchise (meaning that all feedback went to the head office rather than a franchise owner looking to cut costs/training). But having poor hygene standards in any fast food store is not unusual. Most of the time people are not given a formal understanding of bacteria and basic hygene pratices, and any training they do receive is very quick due to the large staff turnovers of these places (unsurprising given the jobs suck and the pay is lousy).

Believe me, for some people this stuff is just NOT intuitive. One guy I was training thought that picking the chicken pieces up in his fingers and putting them in a box would be acceptable. It wasn't, I threw out the chicken, served the customer myself and then took him out the back of the store and explained some fundamental hygene concepts to him. Unfortunately not every fast food chain provides this kind of training to their employees.

By the way, did you know that KFC chips in Australia are different that here in North America? In Oz they have this chicken salt on them that is ABSOLUTELY addictive (and potentially carcenogenic, but who cares?). Here they are dry and just foul.

Miss Shelf said:
She claims that KFC mistreats the chickens it slaughters. What a shock. Is knowing this going to put anyone off their greasy wing fix? I doubt it.

You'd be surprised about what people don't know. I've done volunteer work for a local animal rights organization, and any exposure to the cruel treatment of animals can make someone think twice before eating meat again, kfc or otherwise.

Pam gets kudos from me for actually voicing her opinion. People may ridicule her for her overstuffed silicones, but at least she's acting on her beliefs.

As Kookamoor said, it's unfortunate that celebrities are needed to bring forth the extensive media exposure.

I loathe KFC food anyway, so I've never had to worry about whether or not Pam has an issue. However, I don't like to hear about cruelty to animals. I cannot even look at a whole fish and then eat it. I'm a vegie. Not due to the slaughter issues, but due to the texture.

Good ol' Pammy.

Miss Shelf said:
I was put off KFC before she got on her high horse. One time I was waiting for my order inside and saw a worker drop some french-fry cups on the floor, then pick them up and put them back on a shelf for other workers to use. Blech. And also in the same waiting period saw a worker come in from outside, and gice a high-five to a worker wearing plastic floves, who promptly turned around and began preparing food without changing gloves. Ick. AND then saw a worker, wearing gloves, use a rag to wipe off a preparing shelf and then start making tacos. I lost my apppetite. I wrote an email to KFC complaining of this unsanitary practices, and got a coupon for $10 off my next order, which I did not use. This whole thing really put me off fast food as a whole.

Fast-food...think all restaurants. I've seen and heard some pretty scary stories from sit-down restaurants, as well. If you want completely sanitary practices...eat at home and make it yourself.

--one thing for sure, her breast is way bigger than her brain. :D,just in case that brain job is available,I wonder if she's gonna get one.

Kookamoor said:
I hope you're no insinuating that beautiful and/or buxom women are unable to convey a message...?

I don't see how raising awareness of bad chicken farming/raising practices is a bad thing - often celebrities are the only ones who can really draw the media in and effect changes. Sad, but true.

In regards to hygene: - I worked for KFC years ago, and I used to train employees. I'm happy to report that in *my* store we were very hygenic from what I saw, largely I think because we were company owned rather than being a franchise (meaning that all feedback went to the head office rather than a franchise owner looking to cut costs/training). But having poor hygene standards in any fast food store is not unusual. Most of the time people are not given a formal understanding of bacteria and basic hygene pratices, and any training they do receive is very quick due to the large staff turnovers of these places (unsurprising given the jobs suck and the pay is lousy).

Believe me, for some people this stuff is just NOT intuitive. One guy I was training thought that picking the chicken pieces up in his fingers and putting them in a box would be acceptable. It wasn't, I threw out the chicken, served the customer myself and then took him out the back of the store and explained some fundamental hygene concepts to him. Unfortunately not every fast food chain provides this kind of training to their employees.

By the way, did you know that KFC chips in Australia are different that here in North America? In Oz they have this chicken salt on them that is ABSOLUTELY addictive (and potentially carcenogenic, but who cares?). Here they are dry and just foul.

I don't consider her "beautiful"-I've seen photos of her before she got plastic surgery on her face and breasts and she was gorgeous when she was natural. Now she looks like a drag queen.

As far as people not having the brains to know the fundamentals of hygiene-I wonder if you could ask them if they minded if someone who hadn't washed their hands handled their food, but I'd be afraid the answer would be "no".

Gee, I'd like to try those chips-ours are okay, but pretty greasy. Maybe it depends on who's in charge of the fryer?

Wait a minute...shouldn't this be in the author discussion area? As Pamela IS an author?

OK. Sorry. Just had to have yet another laugh over her writing a book...

Isn't her new show set in a book store? I saw an ad for it awhile back and was wondering who thought up that combo.

Ronny said:
Isn't her new show set in a book store? I saw an ad for it awhile back and was wondering who thought up that combo.

I've yet to see a thing about this show outside of here. I'm starting to think (hope) that it isn't going to happen!!

Back