• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Personal attacks

erin1980

What’s up with all the personal attacks on this website. There’s this desperate need to be right without any discussion. Just a quick condescending quip and whoever posted feels good about themselves because they are right and whoever they were attacking is wrong. There’s a difference between being right and being righteous.

Specifically, on another thread someone wanted book suggestions. I asked weather this person was male or female. I got attacked in a passive aggressive way by another user for thinking it matters.

I’m finding way too much of this on these threads. I thought I could come here to get ideas of books to read. But the overwhelming need to put each other down is unnecessary and makes me not want to post suggestions to people.

That was not a personal attack, passive agressive or otherwise. What you got was someone asking why it matters and explaining as best they could, why they didn't think it matters. This person was not trying to insult you in any way.

I personally have only seen one person cussing out and insulting at others a few times, but not more than that.

erin1980, if you have a grievance about any post then feel free to hit the Report Post button (looks like this:
report.gif
) and we'll take a look at it.

erin, I'd understand your complaint if you weren't just plain wrong.:p

I'm kidding, of course. Just disregard anything that offends you. Hell, I've ignored Helgi posts for months now.

Back