• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Philip K. Dick: Martian Timeslip

Roxbrough

Dick never writes a bad novel and always seems to make his characters unhinged in one way or another. This novel is no exception, by the end of it you will have a non-plussed expression on your face. I loved it though and recommend it

It felt a bit like Murakami's iQ84 the way he played with time and reality. I liked it too. :)

It has been some time since I read this novel, but I seem to think it was something of a cheat.
Huge passages were constantly repeated, something the author must have thought 'clever'!
I would not recommend it to anyone, if the scoring is out of ten I would give it;

It has been some time since I read this novel, but I seem to think it was something of a cheat.
Huge passages were constantly repeated, something the author must have thought 'clever'!
I would not recommend it to anyone, if the scoring is out of ten I would give it;
I'm pretty sure Dick wasn't trying just to be 'clever'. I believe he used the repeated passages to show the space/time-travel/schizophrenia and confusion experienced by the main character. I thought it was rather well done.

I'm pretty sure Dick wasn't trying just to be 'clever'. I believe he used the repeated passages to show the space/time-travel/schizophrenia and confusion experienced by the main character. I thought it was rather well done.

I disagree, but that's the beauty of a forum isn't it?
As he's dead we'll never know.

I just have to say,
I am new on here and a wonderful thing happened the other day. I have never read, but heard Philip k. Dick was some kind of legend in the sci-fi world, so I went to the library and picked up the first 2 volumes of " the collected works of Philip k. Dick " I immediately fell in love, a serious man crush, with his writing. Has this happened to anyone else? I plan on buying all 5 volumes of his collected works, infortunately, volumes 1 and 2 are out of print, so I guess that will take me to used book stores all over the valley, I live in S.L.C, Ut. I'm so excited, the collecting part is a true passion. Does anyone else feel this way? Maybe I just have an extreme case of OCD.

I just have to say,
I am new on here and a wonderful thing happened the other day. I have never read, but heard Philip k. Dick was some kind of legend in the sci-fi world, so I went to the library and picked up the first 2 volumes of " the collected works of Philip k. Dick " I immediately fell in love, a serious man crush, with his writing. Has this happened to anyone else? I plan on buying all 5 volumes of his collected works, infortunately, volumes 1 and 2 are out of print, so I guess that will take me to used book stores all over the valley, I live in S.L.C, Ut. I'm so excited, the collecting part is a true passion. Does anyone else feel this way? Maybe I just have an extreme case of OCD.

Dick is one of the best authors of all time.
You can get some of his novels in compendium form too, have a look on Am*&^zn.

Back