• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Please help, ASAP!

Blaze86lo

I have to write a 2 page paper on comparing and contrasting the problems of the 3 central characters in The Scarlet Letter, The Crucible, and I Know Why THe Caged Bird Sings, please help me

Okay, let's start by you telling me the names of the three central characters and a little bit about the situations they have to face in the novels. This would basically be a very brief synopsis of how the books revolve around those central characters, and once this is established we can use this to build around the similarities and differences between them...

Mxx

I know two, but the Crucible im unsure

The main character in Maya Angelous book, is Maya, she and her brother go through a lot of situations of being abandoned, and in The Scarlet Letter, the main character i believe is Hester, and she commits adultery

I would think they want you to discuss Abigail as the main character in The Crucible.

How is this character, and her methods used to entrap men, different to that of Hester?

How does the racial tension of the deep south in the 1930's for Maya, differ to the 17th century views of witchcraft featured in the Crucible and the Scarlett Letter? Are they similar hatreds and thinking of society, even though they are seperated by several centuries?

What similarities do you seen between the feelings of Abigail towards Proctor's Wife and that of Hester's pastoral lover to 'Chillingworth'?

Mxx

Back