• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Please help me remember a book if you can

deathscythe

This is a long shot, but I was hoping that someone on this forum could help me with a series that I read in middle school, and I can not for the life of me remember the name of the series or any of the titles of the books. The series had two parts that I am aware of, the first being centered around the warrior, and the second around his son. I remember that the main focus revolved around being able to use magical cards in order to go between worlds and to summon up things from other places. The warrior also had a talking bird that hung out with him (and was later eaten by the warrior for food). The second part involved the son trying to find his father after he mysteriously disappeared. I realize that this is not a whole lot to go on, but if someone could help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hmm... Some of the things you mention suggest Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber, but some of the other details don't add up. The main character is called Corwin and he does search for his father who disappeared mysteriously. He did use magical cards a lot, but there was no bird. Does this jog any memories? I'm propably way off.

Holy crap! You are a genius!! :D That is it! I am so totally going out today and getting the whole series. Thank you thank you thank you so much for your help. This has been bothering me for about a month now, trying to remember what any of the books were named. I looked up the book series online and I think it is the Courts of Chaos that had the bird. Thanks again for your help, Oponn. You are truly my hero. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

blush.gif

Glad to help. It's a great series.

Back