• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Poll: Recently Purchased

Recently Purchased

• Keep the thread as it is

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Keep the thread but remove the 'sticky'

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Delete the thread

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Review the thread each month and delete the older posts

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Please take the time to vote in this poll. I have been asked to point out that all votes are confidential.

Thanks.

Have done. I've voted for delete on all of these threads. I promise that I will never ever open any thread which already has so many responses, many of which are no less inane than "I have recently bought x."

I personally enjoy it, love to share with others what I've recently purchased. I also look through it a few pages back just to get more of a picture of the kind of stuff that peopl are reading. I voted keep it as is.:cool:

Delete it. I must assume that if people buy books they will sooner or late end up on a 'Currently Reading' spot and somewhat later than that be posted about in 'real' topics.

I enjoy that thread. It's fun to share people's glee over bookstore discoveries and bargains.

The fact that you got a book for a bargain can be mentioned in a thread about the book itself. I know I've done so, didn't take away from my jubilant feeling.

Mari said:
I enjoy that thread. It's fun to share people's glee over bookstore discoveries and bargains.
There's a separate thread that was set up specifically for bargain purchases of books. I think this works much better. I don't see a need for this thread.

Whoops! Apparently my subconcious saw a need for this thread because I screwed up my vote and selected "Keep" instead of "Delete". Probably because I answered all these polls at once and got confused...

Ice says she can't change the vote but will take my dumbarse action into account when they tally the votes. So that's 5 for Keep and 12 for Delete at this stage!!

I say keep. It's a fun and quick way of posting what you've just spent on, and getting quick responses (if any).

It's one of mainstay threads that I look at everytime I'm here.

ds

Question: Would changing the name of this thread to "New Additions to your TBR list" work better? This way people could talk about all the new books they *want* to read... without indulging in discussion. That could go into the book threads. It seems that people want a place to talk about books they just found out about and are excited about. And this way people who read the thread can find out what books others are interested in and encourage them to read them next and discuss them.

Just a question...

Kookamoor said:
Question: Would changing the name of this thread to "New Additions to your TBR list" work better? This way people could talk about all the new books they *want* to read... without indulging in discussion. That could go into the book threads. It seems that people want a place to talk about books they just found out about and are excited about. And this way people who read the thread can find out what books others are interested in and encourage them to read them next and discuss them.

Just a question...
Yeah, what Ms. Kookamoor says.

Currently Reading and Recently Purchased have been voted in favor of deletion. When will this momentous event occur? Or are other options stilled being considered for these threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back