• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Post Deathly Hallows Information - Official Information

Darren

Through a series of post Deathly Hallows interviews, JK Rowling has revealed a lot of what happens to the characters.

There are numerous spoilers in there, so don't read just yet if you haven't finished the books.

The Leaky Caudlron website has been collecting all the various interview information into a single source.

Thanks! Handy link...

There was a discussion in another forum I go to whereby we talked about the legitimacy of post-event information such as these, even if it was given by the author.

There were basically 2 views - one says as long as the info is not published in a book as an official continuation or sequel to the story by the author, it doesn't count. The other view says it doesn't matter, that as long it comes from the author it is considered canon.

What are your views on this?

ds

I think that if the author themselves has actually said the information in an interview or posted it on their official website it can be regarded as canon.

JK Rowling has made it pretty clear that she has no plans to write any more Harry Potter books, so I think we've got to accept that her recent interviews (and her upcoming book tour in the US) will be the main source for any extra Harry Potter info.

Back