• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Promoting books.

hay82

Does anyone of you ever visit the sites that are sometimes posted by the always wonderful new authors(publisher or whoever does that) who have written the novel that is going to change the world?

Gosh I hate these buggers!

They annoy the living crap out of me.

All first post of new members should be deleted if they are just promoting.

Truthfully? If it's a buddy or someone I've become acquainted with, sure I'll go visit their site. Otherwise, I usually don't visit any author sites until I'm actually reading and fully engrossed in a book. It's when I want to look at character blurbs, interviews, and all that, that I go visiting author sites.

So can some Mod please show up and kick "FiftyHandfuls" out?

'Cause if this guy is making one more post I'll have to get out in the rain and do a little voodoo dance.

It's been dealt with. One post was left in Writer's Showcase with the ad link removed.

I gotta admit that my last post to Leanda was a reaction to the fact that she seemingly only pops into the forum to promote her book, website, or book signing. With the exception of one thread she started on Michael Jackson she has contributed very, very little other than info about her and her book.

Glad I missed fiftyhandsful.

What gets me are the ones who try to engage in various threads, reinserting their promotional spiel, and especially those who pretend it's a book they just read but have no commercial interest in. I wish TBF members were a little more attuned to that.

Also, just want to add that member posters like Moto and Cathy C who are true members who also have books under their belts are valued posters.

It's too bad there isn't an option to "report" posts like this. I haven't been here that long, but I have found quite a few of them.

mehastings,

Any member can report any post. There is an icon at the top right-hand corner of every post - looks like a triangular hazard sign. Click on it and it will open a message box for you to state what your concerns are about the post. It will be sent to all the mods and one of us will look into it.

It's virtually impossible for the moderators to catch all objectionable posts at the time they're posted.

Please keep our Membership Agreement in mind when you report a post because we're not going to delete a post simply because a particular member doesn't like it.

ell

novella said:
Also, just want to add that member posters like Moto and Cathy C who are true members who also have books under their belts are valued posters.

moto wrote a book!! really? i'm not being sarcastic i had no idea.

Isn't a picture worth a thousand words?????

Thanks novella, I felt that if I replied to Jenn I would be doing exactly what this thread is all about. :)

And by the way novella, you're really doing a wonderful job of sticking up for me lately. Am I losing my bite? Or have I never had a bite to begin with? :D

Motokid said:
Thanks novella, I felt that if I replied to Jenn I would be doing exactly what this thread is all about. :)
Well you wouldn't have. You are one of the people who actually are a part of the forum, so it's okay if you mention your book. I was refering to the ones that sign up, post a promotion for their book and then leave.

I sometimes go look at the link but only if I'm wearing my moderator hat and I want to check where the link goes. Otherwise I totally ignore it. I would guess that most people do!

I can't say I've ever looked at a link from a self promoting author (unless like Wabbit the link is of dubious origin and have had a quick look to check it out) - though I've only ever been on four authours websites so it's not normally something I'd do anyway.

Ell said:
There is an icon at the top right-hand corner of every post - looks like a triangular hazard sign.

Duh. I'm wicked unobservant. I had NO idea that was even there. Now, if only I wasn't lazy too...

Motokid said:
And by the way novella, you're really doing a wonderful job of sticking up for me lately. Am I losing my bite? Or have I never had a bite to begin with? :D

Sticking up for you? I thought we were gonna do a bit of Moto-bashing, business as usual. But you're having a fairly literate week. . .

"I thought we were gonna do a bit of Moto-bashing"

I'm still the last person to post in Martins "The Person Above you.." thread.

I think I now hold the record for duration. Nah Nah :p

Maybe that's cause nobody can think of something positive to say, but I'll not think that's the reason.... :)

Back