• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

question about Ipod

harrypotterrox

I have an Ipod, but i dont want to spend so much moola ($) buying songs on Itunes. If one of my friends has the song on their Itunes library, can i connect my ipod to their library and put some of their songs on my ipod, or does that not work? Do you get what im sayin'?

thanks!
HPRox!

I get ya and the answer is that I'm not sure! I have never tried to do that, but I have a feeling that it is possible. Make sure that you have iTunes set to manual - otherwise it will automatically download all the songs in your friends library to your iPod.

There is a chance that it won't download the songs that your friend has purchased, but again since I haven't tried it I don't really know for sure.

Disclaimer: Don't come crying to me if you break your friend's computer.

Looks like Apple will let you share music between different users on the same computer (which honestly surprised me). Of course, to do that you have to ahve an account on your friend's machine. Try this: ]

This works, but you can only have so many iPods connected to one account. If you really want to get rid of DRM protection on songs though, just burn them to a cd, and when you upload them up to the computer again, they have no more DRM protection.

HPRox, are the songs that you want from your friend from the iTunes store or just from CDs? If they are just from CDs and in his/her library, you can plug in to her computer and put the songs on your iPod. However, if you take them off, you can't put them onto your computer. Also, if you have a mac and she has a PC (or vice versa) you will have to tell your iPod not to reformat once you plug it in.

I never buy music off of iTunes because we have about a 2k CD library at home so I don't know about sharing someone else's iTunes store music.

This works, but you can only have so many iPods connected to one account. If you really want to get rid of DRM protection on songs though, just burn them to a cd, and when you upload them up to the computer again, they have no more DRM protection.

Yeah, you could just get your friend to make you a data CD of all his/her iTunes stuff for your computer. Supposing your friend won't think you're cheap :lol:

I never buy music off of iTunes because we have about a 2k CD library at home so I don't know about sharing someone else's iTunes store music.

:jealous:

Anyway, there's an app you can download, I think it's called Tune Transfer.

Back