• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Question?

stephiebaby

kickbox
I'm new here, so I haven't been able to read everything that everyone has written. When I read book six, I was horrified!!! Later when I was thinking about it and when I re-read the book, there were some things that could be mistaken. Does anyone else think that Dumbeldore told Snape to Kill him so that Harry could carry out their mission and get Lord Valdemort?

I know that everyone has already discussed this, it's been 1 1/2 years but It's been killing me wondering if anyone else agrees.

I had considered the possibility that Snape's treachery wasn't quite what it seemed before, but I don't know that Dumbledore was necessarily aware of what was going on. I don't think Snape probably wanted to kill him, but I think he did because of the Unbreakable Vow and nothing more.

What you say is certainly possible, though. Snape is a person whose motives are always difficult to pinpoint. I suppose all the loose threads will come together in the seventh book.

Sometimes, I get the feeling Snape and Dumbledore had a conspiracy together, and that it was all a trick to fool Voldemort into thinking he was safe. I certainly hope this is the case. I'd hate to think that Snape was the bad guy, after the school and Dumbledore fought so hard to promote his ingenuity as a worthy teacher. It would make Dumbledore look like a fool if he turned bad. And we were led to believe he was anything but a fool.

The Half Blood Prince

my speculation according to probability...

1) It does not seem probable that Dumbledore made a misjudgement about Snape. Yes, he had made mistake but to have the great wizard die for this does not seem likely. He spoke with no shadow of doubt and always with absolute certainty. Given the wisdom he had always shown, we have to believe that he knew something we do not, and he did not, as Harry claimed, simply trusted Snape because the latter acted remorseful. He knew the risk of trusting Snape and he is no fool, as hamlet had said. Unless we're willing to believe that the great DD made a foolish mistake, Snape must have been forced to kill him, against his own will.

Also, Hagrid heard DD and Snape arguing about his "work", which Hagrid believed has something to do with being given too much work, so it seems very possible that Snape was actually rebelling against the assignment, which is to kill DD when circustance requires.

2) Is it becoming of DD to plead? He has always been portrayed as a dignified and fearless wizard so what is the chance that he will buckle & beg for mercy & for his life? Perhaps his beseeching is to urge Snape to complete the assignment, which is, kill off DD & earn V's unwavering trust.

3) Snape is the Half Blood Prince which means book6 is named after him. So Snape should have a very important role to play, one that is more than a murderer and the follower of Voldy. Ok, maybe this is pure speculation, but i think Rowling likes Snape. This Half Blood Prince must have some special surprises in store. :D

Back