• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Rafael Sabatini

Something in the Alexandre Dumas thread deeply reminded me of other books that I liked as a kid.

Rafael Sabatini (the author of "Captain Blood") is another such romantic writer, whose books I enjoyed back then, along with Dumas' romances...

I believe that whoever liked Dumas' "The Count of Monte Cristo", " The Three Musketeers" and so on, would like Rafael Sabatini's books. He also wrote historical-type of romances, with pirates and gold, heroic young men and their adventures.

It's nice to see someone else that enjoys Rafael Sabatini. I read Scaramouche a few weeks ago and loved it. The Sea-Hawk is my favorite and I've also read Captain Blood and The Black Swan.

It was actually my interest in Dumas that drove me to read Rafael Sabatini, and I have to admit that, although I prefer Dumas for all his historical information and political intrigues, I still very much love Sabatini. Captain Blood is definately one of my favorites, and I also love the movie adaptation.

It was actually my interest in Dumas that drove me to read Rafael Sabatini, and I have to admit that, although I prefer Dumas for all his historical information and political intrigues, I still very much love Sabatini. Captain Blood is definately one of my favorites, and I also love the movie adaptation.

I saw Capt Blood with Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland. I though it was fine just so long as it wasn't compared with the book.

Back