• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading in January 04

rune

So what book have you picked up to start you new year?

I've picked Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson :)

rune

I'm just about to finish John Buchan's "Greenmantle". The question is which of my Christmas gift books to go for next. It could be Wilkie Collins's Moonstone or George Eliot's Felix Holt. There's also "The Masters" from C. P. Snow's Sons and Brothers series. Choices, choices.

Originally posted by rune
So what book have you picked up to start you new year?

I've picked Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson :)

rune
excellent long book.

Takes a while to get the hang of it but well worth the read.

Just reading a Ludlum covert 1 novel now. Next will be Vince Flynns fourth book.

Well, I just finished reading "Exile's Valor" by Mercedes Lackey and I just started reading "The Outstretched Shadow", Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory. Next on my list are "Writing Alone and with others", Pat Schneider and "The Fairy Godmother" once again, Mercedes Lackey.

Oops! I've only just noticed this was a sci-fi thread. Sorry for my off-topic rambling above.

At least I know realise why I hadn't heard of any of the titles mentioned!

Happy reading sci-fi friends and apologies for the interruption.

Originally posted by madking
I've picked up KIngdom Alliance by Robert Stanek its the sequel to Keeper Martin's TAle.

I have heard this author's books are good. What did you think of this book?

rune

Currently re-reading Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan, because the sequel should be out in paperback soon!! :)

Phil

For this month I'm hoping to finish the New Urth series by Gene Wolfe currently I am halfway through the third book "The Sword Of The Lictor" with two books left to go.

I have found this and the first two books too be a great read so far I really enjoy Wolfe's style of writing and the plot while very confusing at times keeps me well glued to the pages.

Hyperion by Dan Simmons

Not my usual sort of thing, but was recommended by a friend and I'm really enjoying it.

Now I've seen the films, I'm reading The Lord of the Rings for the second time. Nearly finished Fellowship ... :)

I can't really get on with the writing of J R Tolkien myself.

Just to inform you that i have just set up a new website giving you all the opportunity to write a chapter of a novel. If you wish do visit: www.gowld.co.uk

Gives us a reply on what you think of the site. Hey, perhaps we could have a discussion on the winning chapter on this website!

At the moment i'm reading 'Join Me' by Danny Wallace- so far so good!

Back