• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading in October

I have Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, which I have bumped to the head of my reading list.

I'll also be sweeping through the Laurell K Hamilton Anita Blake series, in time for the release of her latest (8th Oct in the UK).

If there is any more of October left with all of that, I'll start on Juliet E McKenna's very good Einarinn series.

I'm currently reading "Love in the times of cholera" by Gabriel García Márquez and I plan to catch up a little on my classics. Jane Eyre and some Jane Austen novels are waiting for me. Then, I'll definitely read The Dark by Marianne Curley (because it's part 2 of her Guardians of Time trilogy) and maybe another Christopher Moore novel - we'll see :) .

The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester is my next in line. Been anticipating reading this novel for quite some time.

First, have about 90 more pages to read in Clive Barker's Imajica, which has been an excellent story. The Dominions are just about to be reconciled! Ohhhhhh.....

magemanda said:
I have Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, which I have bumped to the head of my reading list.

I'll also be sweeping through the Laurell K Hamilton Anita Blake series, in time for the release of her latest (8th Oct in the UK).

If there is any more of October left with all of that, I'll start on Juliet E McKenna's very good Einarinn series.

I've just finished book 9 of the Anita Blake series, very much enjoy that series :D Do post your thoughts on Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. I'm in two minds if to get this book and dont know enough about it to make a decision yet :)

I'm reading Ride the Unicorn by Paul Kearney, I'm new to this author and so far finding this book quite gritty :)

Just started Flowers for Algernon for the sci-fi/fantasy reading group thingy, and then I'll probably read The Hellbound Heart for the other reading group thingy.

I'm planing to buy "Flowers for Algernon" and "The Handmaid's Tale" after my exam next week. Otherwise I would read all the time instead of learning. :D

cloudsandstars said:
I'm reading The Piano Teacher by Lynn York and Lamb by Christopher Moore.

Chris Moore is one of my all time favourites! Enjoy Josh and Biff's adventures... God, I have to re-read that book :D .

I'm reading 'Enchanter' by Sara Douglass...

I'm currently halfway through and have to wait till I get the next book of the series. German publishers tend to split the english original editions, so instead of three books in the UK/US, it's six in Germany. :(

I'm currently reading the Warlock trilogy by Andre Norton I am on the final book now which has been quite different form the first two but still very enjoyable.

I'm still on Doris Lessing's Shikasta, which so far is excellent, very Last and First Men -esque, with an intrriguing twist on the Creation myth and original sin. Next up is Greg Egan's Permutation City, another recommendation from my physics teacher.

Richard Preston's The Codex is holding me till the library calls and lets me know that Stephen R. Donaldson's Last Rune of the Earth: The Final Chronicles of Thomas Covenant is available. I'll ask for the hardcover for Christmas, but must read ASAP!

Eagerly awaiting the last Salvatore novel in his current Dark elf trilogy. His best writing in quite a while, so far. Out next week. If I can afford it.

Also about to start Jonathan Strange, and probably Deception by Dan Brown (DaVinci Code fame). I read pretty quick, so when I'm not writing, I'm reading. Of course, I hope you'll all add my new fantasy, HUNTER'S MOON to your TBR pile in December. :p

I started China Mieville's King Rat late last night. I think I'm going to like it once I'm able to decipher the slang.

RaVeN

Just finished part 1 of Jonathan Strange and it is very good indeed, so much so that I am neglecting my responsibilities in life just to read it. And Cathy, after you read Deception Point, you're going to hate the word "chrondules", just to warn you :p

Back