• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading Journal

I've tried keeping a book journal in the form of a book blog before, but to be honest it wasn't for me. I ended up feeling like the actual reading part was becoming a bit of a chore because I was always thinking too much about what I was going to say in the review. I think book blogging is part of the reason why I hit a reading slump a while back which I have since struggled to get out of.

I did have a small school-like notebook where I kept a simple list of the books I'd read, however as I got older and computers became more popular I transferred the entire list over on to a Word document and destroyed the paper copy. Big mistake! A catastrophe struck a few years back when my computer crashed and the entire list was lost. I was, and still am, devastated over its loss. I haven't kept any kind of record since.

I did, however, recently buy a beautiful leather-bound notebook which I intend to use as my new Book of Books. I'm keeping it simple though: a simple list of title, series (if applicable) and author. I'm also going to keep a simple Word document (as back-up) which I will save on a USB stick and I've also just signed up on GoodReads so I have an online back-up too!

I find that participation on a book forum is good enough for me I haven't been reading much in the way of blogs lately.

Back