• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading Music

Samerron

I have some easy listening music, but I was thinking, is there some kind of music that is ideal for reading. I guess ambient or lounge music might fit. Any suggestions, recommendations? Any websites or particular bands?

There are a few books out there now that have their own soundtracks.

Frank Beddor's "The Looking Glass Wars" series has a soundtrack.

The second book of Catherynne M. Valente's "Orphan's Tales" series also has a CD with songs inspired by the stories/characters.

Part of me wonders if this is something that will catch on and become common.

Of course, if you are reading anything by Michael Moorcock, listening to the band Hawkwind would be a good choice, seeing as he has provided lyrics for them in the past.

I don't know of any other recommendations or sites that have compiled lists. Would be interested in seeing any though. Even if I am not one to listen to music while reading.

Wow... first time to know there are soundtracks for books...sounds really interesting. I'll be checking them, thanks!

It's funny how when you see something posted, all of a sudden the subject shows up everywhere. I came across a book this morning on Amazon.Com that sounded interesting. "All Shall Be Well; And All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well" which is a novel by Tod Wodicka. I then found a list that Mr. Wodicka put together that he calls the "soundtrack" for his book. Some of the CD's listed are just albums he listened to while writing, but I think they would still qualify.

It was also a nice surprise to see "Tales From Topographic Oceans" on the list, since it's a personal favorite of mine.

Back