• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

rebecca

treedis

Does anyone have the novel "Rebecca" by Daphne Du Maurier?
If so can you please tell me the LAST sentence of the novel. Thank you

Wow, this was such a random question that i had to go and look, but unfortunately i dont have it :( Sorry!

Phil

Try Amazon. Supposedly you can browse through books there online before you purchase them. I don't know about the last page though...

Very distressing, I was sure I had a copy but none is in evidence. Must have loaned it out. Sorry.

This is great, an internationally renowned classic and not a single person on the Book Forum actually has a copy :D

Phil

I definately have a copy at home - I'll try and remember to have a look later and post the answer this evening.

I have it.

The last paragraph (and so sentence) is:

"He drove faster, much faster. We topped the hill before us and saw Lanyon lying in the hollow at our feet. There to the left of us was the silver streak of the river, widening to the estuary at Kerrith six miles away. The road to Manderley lay ahead. There was no moon. The sky above our heads was inky black. But the sky on the horizon was not dark at all. It was shot with crimson, like a splash of blood. And the ashes blew towards us with the salt wind from the sea."

All right?

:) Hobitten

Hooray for Hobbiten :D

You gotta ask yourself, though, was it worth all that stress

Phil (Who feels he was perhaps the only person stressed by this) :(

Back