• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently borrowed

sanyuja

I couldnt see a thread where I could post what books I recently borrowed (either from the library or friends). So, thought of starting one :D
Bag of bones - Stephen King
A short history of nearly everything - Bill Bryson

Ian McEwan- Black Dogs
Trezza Azzopardi- Remember Me
Kamila Shamsie- Salt and Saffron
One by Kant.. don't know the English title, but the original title is: "Kritik der Urteilskraft", for those of you that would be interested in that. :p

All borrowed from the library.

I've maxed out my library card (12 books). It might take a few renewals to get around to reading these...

"The Confusion" - Neal Stephenson (Vol.2 of The Baroque Cycle, still got 350 pages to read of "Quicksilver", which is Vol.1).
"The Dark Tower" - Stephen King (still got 3½ books to read before I reach this).
The first two books in Manda Scott's Boudicca series
"Bad Influence" - William Sutcliffe
"Dune" - Frank Herbert
"Gene" - Stel Pavlou
"Weaveworld" - Clive Barker
"Raffles" - E.W.Hornung

On audiobook:
"Snow Falling on Cedars" - David Guterson
"Atonement" - Ian McEwan
"Native Tongue" - Carl Hiaasen

I borrowed 'Memoirs of a geisha' by Arthur Golden this weekend and started reading it right away.

I went to the library on Saturday and came home with:

Love Overboard by Janet Evanovich
Midnight Bayou by Nora Roberts
The Cat Who Turned On and Off by Lilian Jackson Braun
Celeste by VC Andrews

Pretty good haul this week. :)

Our Dreaming Mind

Zen and the Art of Motocycle Maintenance

Slow Learner

The Once and Future King.

Icefields & The Moviegoer

Metro Girl
Dress your family....(Cant remember the rest of teh title)
The Botox Diaries
Sisterhood of the Traveling pants
Beloved

All from the library.

In my latest trip to the library I found the whole Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts all nice and new! Well I think they were read only once. But still, they are in really good condition. I will be starting on those today! :)

Witch Season-Summer by Jeff Mariotte
The amazing Maurice and his educated rodents by Terry Prachett
Ghost Boy by Iain Lawrence
Girl with a pearl earring by Tracy Chevalier
Hawkes Harbor by S.E. Hinton (Her new book!)
Night Swimming by Robin Schwarz
Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maquire

Well, me and Ice finally got our acts together and went to get signed up at the library. In preparation for this, I thought I'd write up a little list of books that I might want to get out .... I stopped when I reached thirty :D Apparantly there are many more books to be considered when I dont have to worry about price (or the fact that they are hardback).

Anyways, off we troop down to the local library (one of the biggest in the county I might add) ... how many did you think I found?? Yup, thats right, a whopping one!! Admittedly we were pressed for time so I kind of ran round, but nevertheless I was slightly miffed .. it also reminded me about precisely why libraries can be a bit of a pain, they have the book you want :rolleyes:

Anyways, I came away with ..

Felaheen by Jon Courtenay Grimwood - Woohoo, third in the bloody excellent Arabesk series, and the only one on my list that I found :)

A Certain Chemistry by Mil Millington - I absolutely love his hilarious website, so I thought I'd give one of his novels a try - kudos to Martin for tuning me into this guy in the first place.

Phil

PS: Okay, so I fibbed a little, I did find others on my list, an extremely manky dog-eared copy of Stephen King's The Stand that I didnt have the heart to take home, plus a couple of extremely large hardbacks that I could've got. Do they make books even bigger in the library somehow?? It seems to me that they were all very large - maybe its all the laminating :rolleyes:

Crow Killer (The saga of Liver eating Johson) by Raymond W. Thorpe
Island at the centre of the World (Story of the founding of New York) by Russell Shorto

Cabrasopa :cool:

Back