• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Rest in Peace Dimebag Darrell

dele

For those of you who've ever listened to Pantera or Damageplan, Dimebag Darrell Lance Abbot was shot and killed, along with several others, while performing onstage on Wednesday, December 8 2004.

May he rest in peace.

From Yahoo:
Band Attacked Onstage In Columbus Nightclub, 5 Killed

At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Rd.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, WCMH-TV in Columbus reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band before a bouncer tackled the gunman before he was shot and killed.

Columbus police Sgt. Brent Mull said the shooter appeared to be targeting the band members. After opening fire on the stage, the gunman turned on the crowd. At that point, an officer shot the man dead, Mull said. Police said there could have been many more fatalities had the officer not killed the gunman.

One person was in critical condition while the other was in fair condition. Several others were treated at the scene, suffering from various injuries.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Flint, Mich., on Thursday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.

Very sad news.

"So everything that you're throwing at me
Has only helped me make up my mind
And all you do will amount to nothing
You can't effect me, don't even try"

vxjqf

God Bless

And Please be with All those in Mourning
x

I was cut by that news . . . I literally woke up to it the other day. Thats the definite end of Pantera too, I guess.

Rest in peace Dimebag Darrell

Why do people always go crazy and kill great musicians? The guy that killed John Lennon had no idea why he killed him. The guy that killed Dimebag was known by his friend's to exhibit symptoms of mental disease. Why? Are musicians able to get that close to us through their art? I for one love music, and it kills me to hear about this.

I know some (like my roommate) will challenge metal's legitimacy as music, but the first place I heard Pantera's music was in music appreciation. They recorded a song that was polyrhythmic. The introduction was 5/4 on top of 4/4. I had never even heard of polyrhythms. I was a HUGE Dave Matthews fan at the time, but Pantera instantly had my respect.

Here's to Dimebag. He did what he loved and was loved for it. May all those who knew him personally and musically be comforted.

Metal not music? Wha?

Those pounding drums gets my blood running hot like a war lord's in a way that nothing else does! I'd hold Pantera as a prime example of having this effect on me.

If it stirs such a primeval feeling, it's music to me.

I was lucky enough to see Damageplan at the Download festival this summer and the were brilliant.Dimebag was without doubt one of the greatest musicians of recent years. Watching the reaction of the 70,000 crowd as they played the Pantera classic "Walk" was incredible.

Sad to say that very often celebrities seem to attract the psychotic elements of society and the rest of us are left wondering "why?".

Im not sure if anyone else has noticed that the day Dimebag was murdered was 24 years to the day since John Lennons killing. (December 8).

R.I.P Dimebag and all the innocent victims of this tragedy.

Back