• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reza Aslan's Fox interview propels his book to #1 on Amazon

Yeah, I should have prefaced the thread by saying that this is mainly applicable to Americans.

Well no not necessarily - there is the mighty power of the internet :) but I avoid news like the plague :)

I don't avoid the news like the plague but this is the first time I've heard of this person and his book.

Fox News I do try to avoid, unless I'm watching clips on Youtube to laugh at.

I bought a Kindle version alst night. Dunno when i will get around to reading it though.

Dear over the pond friends,

Never, never, ever...click on a news story with the title of "Anthony Weiner."

Your friend,

SFG

I read this over Christmas/New Years. I found it very interesting and it certainly explains a lot of the differences between the "Old Testament" God and the "New Testament" God. He provides a very lengthy and detailed notes/references section which I found extremely helpful.

I'd say it was half about the "times" of Jesus (Roman occupation, growing dissatisfaction with the Temple, etc.) and what historical records there are of Jesus and the Jesus movement.

It's clear to me after reading this book that the woman who interviewed Aslan on FoxNews didn't bother to read the book.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This might be tangential, or maybe not. But there are quite a few interesting threads for reading listed down below among the Similar Threads for this topic. I'm surprised so few of these (or others on 0ther topics) are ever bumped up.

Back