• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Rosalind Miles: I, Elizabeth

I read this one a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I adore historical fiction, especially the Tudor period and Rosalind Miles is a excellent author. It's not 100% true to fact but entertaining all the same :)

I was wondering if it was an accurate recounting of her life but it seems to me that it's more fictitious. I have seen it many times in the bookstore but I think I would rather read the one by Allison Weir.

I think Alison Weir is one of the best Historians around, and I've read a few of her books also, but for a bit of light reading historical fiction is very enjoyable even if it's not 100% true.

While Alison Weir is the expert on all things Tudor, I though Miles did an excellent job on a nice historical fiction of Elizabeth. She did her homework, and though she moved a few things around, it works and made for an interesting read, IMO.

Back