• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Russian Roulette

Jemima Aslana said:
No kidding...

I've been waiting for that gimp to die.... and he just doesn't. ARGH!

He will...in quite a spectacular and highly and using manner

Okay, so I played again, and first game, first shot, gimp dies...

I played quite a bit earlier but he just wouldn't bit the big one and now he does so in the first try.... how utterly provocative :p

Scottishduffy said:
I played and the Gimp died in my first It took a few rounds, but that was great.

Okay, I'm interested in understanding the allure here. Will you be continuing to play, Scottishduffy? Now that you have lived to fight another day? My brother used to play this game with real guns, or so I have been told. I never could understand the why of it.

Can anybody here explain? What's the pay-off? You were alive and unshot to begin with!

:confused:

I don't get it either. The first time I tried, the gimp died. The second time, I died. So what's the attraction? :confused: :confused:

I died twice, and that's all I'm going to take! I can only die so much and I've had it!
But, I can explain the attraction. See, many of us a a little bit bored. Here you have a virtual experience, that is rather terrfying when you think about it - if it were for real. But it is NOT real, so we can experience this frightening thing in safety. It's why people read horror, or see horror movies, or go on roller coasters, or do a lot of pointless things that scare us even though we're really safe.
Most of us would never really play RR. Not after seeing The Deer Hunter, anyway!

Ell said:
I don't get it either. The first time I tried, the gimp died. The second time, I died. So what's the attraction? :confused: :confused:

Ahh - you don't get cos you're a GIRL.

Please note: :D;):)

I don't think I will play over and over. In fact, I only played that once that turned the game off. It was something interesting to take up a few moments of time. However, it seems like something my husband will end up enjoying.

Libre said:
I died twice, and that's all I'm going to take! I can only die so much and I've had it!
But, I can explain the attraction. See, many of us a a little bit bored. Here you have a virtual experience, that is rather terrfying when you think about it - if it were for real. But it is NOT real, so we can experience this frightening thing in safety. It's why people read horror, or see horror movies, or go on roller coasters, or do a lot of pointless things that scare us even though we're really safe.
Most of us would never really play RR. Not after seeing The Deer Hunter, anyway!

I think you have the right of it.

When I play it, I imagine *WHAT IF* it was real. It's doing something you would ( hopefully ) never do in real life. And, well, I have a dark sense of humour :p

In real life if you play Russian roulette you can`t lose.
Or at least you won`t know if you have lost.

moonshot said:
In real life if you play Russian roulette you can`t lose.
Or at least you won`t know if you have lost.

I've read that shooting one's self in the head is often not all that quick or instant a way to log out.

Back