• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

S.E. Hinton

Pearl

The famous author of "The Outsiders" as well as other wonders "Tex", "Rumble Fish" and "That was then, this is now".

I think she's amazing. I've read almost all her books. She just recently put out a new book which is supposed to be aimed at an adult audience titled "Hawkes Harbor" I tried reading it, but I don't know if it's because I"m in a funk or what, but I was really disapointed in it. Anybody read anything by her?

I read her stuff when I was quite a bit younger. My friend just gave me a copy of Rumble Fish which I reread and enjoyed although not as much as I did when I could identify with the characters.

I've read The Outsiders. It was impressive considering she was seventeen when she wrote it.

Tom said:
I've read The Outsiders. It was impressive considering she was seventeen when she wrote it.
I think she was actually 15-16, but the published decided no one would believe it... (I read an interview with her... I think I read quite

I really liked "The Outsiders". I studied it in yr 8 - and it was a welcome relief after the other stuff they made us read.

Back