• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

S.M. Stirling: Island in the Sea of Time

Roxbrough

Another of Stirling's alternative history works. Nantucket being suddenly tranported back into the stone age.
Unlike his Draka series though, the characters are not so instantly intriguing and the most three dimensional charater does not appear at the begining, of what is to be, a trilogy.
Well written though (something I appreciated after Moody's loose language in Trust).
A trifle overlong, but this is a quibble and I wold still recommend it and give it a 9.0.
If you have not read Stirling before I would start with the superior Draka series.

I have to disagree. I prefer this series greatly over the Draka series. While Marching through Georgia was decent, the middle 2 in that series are somewhat disconnected and mediocre.

By comparison all three books in the island series are exceptional. My only real complaint is the series ends abruptly in book 3.

Back