• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Scary books

trappa

Been googling scary books and the haunting of hill house is coming up universally as THE scariest book out there. Anyone on here read it? I think I may need to read this next.
Thoughts
Trappa

I read it just last month. I didn't find it to be very scary at all compared to more modern stuff, but the writing really stands out. I think it comes up so much because it is one of the true archetypes of the haunted house story.
If you are looking for something that will scare the wits out of you, I don't think this will. Subtly chilling is a better word for it.

Well I've just finished The haunting of hill house. It was well written and write enjoyable, but scariest book out there....... surely not.

Greetings trappa !

I don't think The Haunting Of Hill House is considered the scariest horror story out there ... it is considered by critics to be the best haunted house story.

Are you a fan of horror stories? I wrote a short story you might like. I've gotten pretty good reviews on it so far. Of course they were all written by me ... but still.

Back