• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

scary or disturbing book?

james-88

I just read Truman Capote's In Cold BLood, I thought it was going to be way more graphic and/or disturbing. Does anybody have and ideas on good disturbing books. Fiction or non is probably even better. I want to get disturbed and even frightened by what I'm reading.

Scary Stuff

Non-Fiction: Zodiac by Robert Goldsmith. Hands down the most disturbing thing I've read in a long time. Oddly enough, Goldsmith's follow-up, Zodiac Unmasked, not as scary.

Fiction: The Shining by Stephen King. I never get creeped out by fiction, but this did it.
Hope that helps.

When you say scary and disturbing, do you mean graphic, gross out, dining on eyeballs and sucking the juice out, disturbing? Or psychologically disturbing? I find the latter much scarier. So my scariest pick is The Shining.

Oops

Ell, by disturbing I meant psychological. There's not a lot of gore in either book.

Velvetvanilla, you're right. It is Robt. Greysmith, I was typing from memory. Last time I do that.

Back