• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror .. Easy to read books

Pax

Hey Guys
Im an ESL (English as Second Languange ) 14 yeards old boy.. and I would like to know some easy to read books in this types (Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror).

I already have Harry Potter Series in mind and Im reading my first book in english ( The Life of Pi ) sometimes with some difficulties..

Can you help me giving some titles ??

Hi Pax. I would recommend two series/authors to look into.

1. Robert Asprin / Myth series starting with Another Fine Myth

2. Piers Anthony / Xanth series starting with A Spell for Chameleon

They are best described as fantasy. I found them very entertaining and I think you would too.

Happy Reading.

I agree with mmyap, also when I was 12 to 15 yo I started with Tolkien, E.E. Doc Smith Lensman series, Andre Norton, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Heinlein. good luck and welcome to the world of reading.

I think that pretty much anything by Isaac Asimov is going to be fairly accessible to a 14 year old.

I would suggest short stories anthologies so you can read various author writing styles. If you can find it read 100 Great Science Fiction Short Short Stories edited by Asimov.

:DThanks for all the help ..

I really recommend Harry Potter to people in my situation.
Also Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith , very easy to read and awesome ;)

Thanks again for the help and if you know any good and easy to read book . You know what to do :p

when i was 15 i started to read some good books of science fictions like
prey by micheal chrichton
doomsday conspiracy by sidney sheldon

As far as being easy to read in English, The Hobbit I would think would be fairly easy to read. The Belgariad by David Eddings would probably be an easy read. Robert E. Howard's Conan series. Richard Laymon has some easy reads, Brian Keene as well.

Back