• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sci-Fi Short Stories

semenov419

Hi guys

Back in times of Soviet Union there was a book called young mechanic that began publishing in 1950's and continued on until collapse of USSR. Book was oriented for kids 3ed through 12th grade with a lot of interesting and captivating articles, do it yourself articles and news on innovations from around the globe. The best thing about this book was that it would have one or two sci fi short stories in every issue. This book was not limited to Soviet authors only, and had plenty of stories from well known SCi-FI authors from around the world. Well there is this one story that was pulished in this magazine that I am trying to recall. I know for a fact that it was not a Soviet author since I remeber reading that there was Hollywood movie made, based on this story. Movie dates back to mid 80's

Events of the story take place in the post apocaliptic world where humans were dying from unknown sikness. A group of doctors finally created a vaccine for the illness, which in part needs to be delivered to the one of the cities. So a single soldier was chosen to deliver this vaccine. Most of the story talks about his adventures while delivering vaccine. Eventually loosing his armored carrier he barely makes it to his destination.

If anyone can help me recall name of this story and author I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Back