• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Searching for a book

Hello!
I found this nice site through google, after my previous attempt to locate this book failed. (I tried a sci-fi only forum, maybe I'll have more luck with a book forum?)

A few years back I read a sci-fi book, and promptly forgot the title and all the proper nouns from the book. It's been bugging me cause I haven't been able to find the book again, and I've looked through every YA Fiction/ Science Fiction / Fantasy book at my library.
I'm hoping if I describe the storyline, someone will be able to identify it. Here goes;

Boy goes on vacation, vacation spot floods and they are rescued by aliens & taken to a colony somewhere.
It turns out the aliens are robots that are trying to preserve various species, and they've taken a bunch of humans up to the colony already (as well as alien races)
Boy makes two friends, and they manage to take over a guard robot. They program to robot to help them, but they have to flee because of the other guards coming.
The boy ends up in another section of the colony, with some alien race that has hyper-evolution. He nearly gets turned into a bird, but is rescued by the robot guard.
Boy & friends all end up at some central command post, and use some artifact from the aliens to turn Boy into a alien (of the race that build the colony, which has since died out, leaving their robots to continue their work).
They confront the head-robot, who finds out he has to obey Boy because his DNA matches the builder-race.
Boy & friends return to the human section, now in complete control of the robots.

Thanks in advance.

Back