• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Searching for an absorbing and positive (!) novel on life, loss, and ephemerality

jms28

Hi there,

I am searching for an absorbing and positive (!) book on life, loss, and ephermerality. Something that might even make me cry at times, but also gives me plenty of reasons to smile; just as life itself, indeed! :)

I'm in my late twenties, single, and recently relocated to London to start working here. So many reasons to smile, yet, besides thinking about life and the ephemerality of things quiet a lot lately, I am currently also mourning the recent loss of a very good friend of mine...

Would be lovely if someone could recommend an absorbing novel that goes in that direction, preferably telling a modern/ contemporary story.

I never was a big reader - besides my non-fictional uni books - but feel that this is a good timing to start with novels in order to relax, dream, and bridge the time sitting in the tube to work ;)

To give you a little idea of my taste in general, it might be helpful if I list some of my favorite movies: Alfie, The Great Gatsby, Up in the Air, Like Crazy, Up!,...

Many thanks in advance!
J.

Back