• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Seeing Through Your Eyes

**Seeing Through Your Eyes Stella

I’ve been searching for answers,
Looking in your soulful eyes,
But to no avail.
Emptiness, visible through
Those tainted windows, lacking
The warmth and glow lost.
Just the vain hope of finding
The authenticity of
Your selfless actions
Makes me want to shatter the
Window panes that have deceived
Me for far too long.
And I learn that it wasn’t
The truth which stared back at me
During those past days…
But they were my pretentions
That looked me straight in the eye,
Believing you true.

**The title is sounding sooo unoriginal and if you have any suggestions for a change of title, please feel free to post.

And about the poem... it emphasizes on how one can see through another’s eyes to determine what the person is feeling. I enjoyed playing with the structure... critics please! =)

nice poem indeed
i liked the shattering the windows part.

if there is one criticism i can make and that can count for your previous poem as well , it is that the main idea of the poem is not expressed very clearly and that has nothing to do with the varying interpretations of the reader

piedro said:
nice poem indeed
i liked the shattering the windows part.

if there is one criticism i can make and that can count for your previous poem as well , it is that the main idea of the poem is not expressed very clearly and that has nothing to do with the varying interpretations of the reader

Cool, thanks for your post!

Yes, that's a problem sometimes for me. It often occured to me that it's best left to the reader to interpret poems that are more on symbolism, but that's just me. I'll work on that, I promise! =)

lemme tell you if I look at Britney's face i would do nothing but scream my head off (NOOOOOOOOOOOO why did i have to see THAT face today! what was my fault that God punished me so :()

unless , of course ,that face is attached to the living being in which case i would give it a tight slap ;)

piedro said:
lemme tell you if I look at Britney's face i would do nothing but scream my head off (NOOOOOOOOOOOO why did i have to see THAT face today! what was my fault that God punished me so :()

unless , of course ,that face is attached to the living being in which case i would give it a tight slap ;)

wha? b-b-but Britney's pretty!!!

she might be but the facts that surround her make you give her a TIGHT SLAP

but i pity the poor girl :( look at her she has an allergy to clothes!!!
i mean people have allergies to dust and beestings and stuff but poor britney cant stay near clothes! what a plight! poor lass. lets all pray to god that noone suffers from such an infliction again
* sob*

(a tearful) Piedro

piedro said:
she might be but the facts that surround her make you give her a TIGHT SLAP

but i pity the poor girl :( look at her she has an allergy to clothes!!!
i mean people have allergies to dust and beestings and stuff but poor britney cant stay near clothes! what a plight! poor lass. lets all pray to god that noone suffers from such an infliction again
* sob*

(a tearful) Piedro

Haha, you really despise her don't you?!

Easy now, Piedro =P

I need to get some shut-eye now. Talk to ya later!

Back