• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

SEPTEMBER -What are you reading?

Ell

What are your current reads? Anything major planned for the Fall/Winter?

My current reads:

- "Payment in Blood" by Elizabeth George
- "Moonrise" by Ben Bova

Will start, the next few days:
- "The Tin Drum" by Günter Grass
- "Wizard and Glass: The Dark Tower IV" by Stephen King

So am I :)

I've read 7 chapters of "The Shipping News", and enjoy it so far...

Ell, I see you 're reading "Payment in Blood". Have you read "A great deliverance"? This is the first of the Inspector Linley series... Though you can read each book independently, there's an ongoing story about the main protagonists... I've started reading them in the right order 3 years ago and enjoyed them a lot, but gave up somewhere in the middle of the 7th: "Playing for the Ashes"... I plan to start it again and go on with the series but this hasn't happened yet: so I guess "Playing for the Ashes" could me my next read after "The Shipping News"!

Marie,

Yes, I read "A Great Deliverance" a few months back.

The first Inspector Lynley/Sargeant Havers book I read was "In Pursuit of the Proper Sinner" - before I knew it was part of a series. So now, I've started from the beginning and reading them in order. Having trouble finding the earlier books, though, because my library doesn't have them and I don't want to buy them new (too expensive for a quick read). That leaves me with checking the used book stores and grabbing them when I see them.

Ell

Originally posted by Darren Lewis
Me too! Only read the first couple of chapter so far.

Ditto, but I'm ahead of you at chapter 4.

I must say that, having previously picked up The Shipping News several times in book shops, read the blurb about it and though ..... nah, I have actually been quite engrossed in it since I started :)

Oh but to have more time for end of summer days in the garden with a cold beer and a good book. Should be compulsory !

Dave B.

Read this month:

Kiss the Girls - James Patterson
Roses are Red - James Patterson

Currently reading:

Wyrd Sisters - Terry Pratchett

About to start:

Violets are Blue - James Patterson
Talon of the Silver Hawk - Raymond Feist
Red Rabbit - Tom Clancy

Read time has been at a premium this month but I've made it through the first three books of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series which wasn't bad for a guy who claims to live "on a small island off the coast of France."

Right now I'm in the middle of Andre Norton's Star Soldiers part of which I have read before in other publications. Still, its a good SciFi read.

I've got Frederik Pohl's The Other End of Time waiting to be read. Along with about a jillion children's books that my daughter loves to hear. Started reading Democracy in America--a two volume set--in honor of the 9/11 attacks, too, but that one is taking awhile and seems more like studying than reading.

I also read "The Shipping News" but it wasn't my favorite. A little dry, maybe. I just read some of the Stephanie Plum mysteries by Janet Evanovich. I never read mysteries but these were fun!

I've been having a bit of trouble deciding what to read next :( Each new book I picked up seemed to be in the middle of a series and I couldn't get hold of the first one.

After a day or two's deliberation I've gone for "Remote Control" by Andy McNab - back to some good 'ole action and adventure for now :)

Back