• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Serenity

RainbowGurl

I got this from the Malcolm in the Middle forum I go on. I think I may get told off for spoiling this book? :eek: Sorry if I am :( But I just thought the way of words in this book sounds intresting :eek:

To: ALL (1 of 2)

The window. She could see out it, he could not see in. Crystal like fragments of the stained glass... transparent, yet opaque. She watched him. She loved to watch him. She opened it, slowly but surely, not wanting to disturb him. She crept out, shutting it behind her. He did not move. His trench coat blew with the wind, billowing behind him.
Birds soared over the hills; the clouds rolled in. Light fog within the mountains. Autumn. Leaves. All swirling around...a storm was coming.

Silence. Mental silence. Absolute nothing. Purity. That’s the way he loved it. Meditation was the key for him these days, for helping him deal with all of life’s problems. School. Professors. Quidditch. Family. Brothers. Friendships. Best Friend. Fear of losing them. Loss of the Golden Trio. Adventure. War. Magic. Preparation. Love. Her...Hermione. He could shove them all out the door for a brief instant... and be lost within the world of tranquility.

On the open Quidditch pitch, deserted, feet planted on green grass, he stared in front himself; there was no need to close his eyes any longer. He had been practicing for many years now.

The wind blew past him, whipping his face, but he paid it no mind.

“Open the chest, deepen the heart,” he chanted within his mind. “Breathe in, breathe out.”

His concentration was broken when two warm lips pressed against his own cold ones.

“You’re freezing,” she said. She had taken up on knitting from Mrs. Weasley, and she wrapped the dark blue scarf that she had made around Ron’s neck. A few curls fell into her face. He brought a hand up to gently tuck them behind her ear, and then caress her face for a moment.

He took his hand in hers. “I love you more than anyone could possibly know. You give me peace; you give me joy. You are my serenity,” he said to her.

She smiled.

Then... he dropped to one knee. Her eyes were sparkling, and a tear of joy came down her face.

“Hermione Jane Granger, would you give me the pleasure of marrying me?” he asked as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small deep red velvet box. She brought a hand up to her mouth as he opened it, where a small ring, gem of ruby, surrounded by emeralds.

“Of course!” she replied, trying to remain calm, and he arose from bended knee and slipped it onto her finger. “Of course, love, of course.”

Drip drop, drip drop, fell the rain. Drenched, they stood facing each other; he embraced her pulling her close. Over her shoulder he saw the twinkling of the glass from the window as sunlight shone upon it for a brief moment as it broke through the clouds. Their eyed closed and cold lips met for another heart-warming kiss.

Open the chest; deepen the heart. Breathe in; breathe out.

Open the chest; deepen the heart. Breathe in; breathe out.

You are my serenity.

I really don't see that happening, no offense. But its written well. Ron doesn't seem to me like the type of character who would take up meditation, although he probably could use it to help sort himself out.

Back