• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Should drugs be legalized?

Should drugs be legalized?

• Stewart

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Stewart

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Stewart

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Stewart

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SFG75

We hashed this out a few years back, thought it would be a good thread again with some new voices that we have.

I'm definitely voting Stewart on this issue.

As Tool quoted a comedian on one of their albums "If you don't think drugs and alcohol have done anything good for our society, take all of those tapes, music CD's and movies and burn 'em. Because all of those artists who have made the music and movies that have enriched your life throughout the years... REAL fuckin' high on drugs!"

That doesn't make it right, but it sure does prove that bending the mind influences creativity to some extent.

Legalization is a touchy issue. Part of me says that some drugs should certainly be legalized, but where do you draw the line?

You're all wrong! I voted Stewart.

I say legalize marijuana and let the government slap a tax on it. Just as employers can forbid smoking and alcohol consumption on the premises, so can they ban smoking the bud and outright say you show up for work high, you're gone.

As for coke and heroine, I'm less inclined to allow it but I can certainly see the merits in doing so.

Weeds pretty chill, i dont see why its not legal.And for coke...well like my friend told me " dont do coke , unless you are going to orgy.." :rolleyes:

Marijuana for sure.

Coke is way too 80's.

Heroin is for jazz musicians.

Meth is for no-chicklet-having, cousin-marrying, moonshine-distilling, twenty-cars-in-the-yard rusting, hillbilly bastards.

Stewart I guess...

And I think marijuana and other soft drugs should be legalized, that way the government can put taxes on them and keep it out of the criminal circuit. It being legal may make it less appealing for some people because that would take away the thrill of doing something illegal.

Like everyone else I think marijuana should be legalized and taxed. Mushrooms too while we're on the subject. If it's naturally found in nature, how can you make it illegal.

Coke, heroin or any other synthetic drug should still be illegal.

Stewart should definitely be legalised. So should marijuana - or at least it should be taken out of this ridiculous limbo where it can't be taken off the naughty list until it's been tested for medical efficacy and shown to be useful but it can't be tested for medical efficacy because it's on the naughty list.

Mushrooms.......is another story. Ive taken plenty of hallucinogens and i can say with 100% confidence, most people cant handle what they will do to you. Ive had bad trips on shrooms(acid,peyote ect..) and it leaves you shell shocked. Seeing dead people climb out of the ground reaching for you and your hair turning into spider webs just isnt for everyone...However those trips in themselves can be very "spiritual"?? not sure what the right word is. But when they go bad they go HORRIFICLY bad!!!!

Legalizing all drugs would not be a good idea. But I could see some (like marijuana or shrooms) being legalized and taxed, like sparkchaser said.

If this government can't make an effort to prove whether or not marijuana is more hazardous than cigarettes (and if it has and found the probable answer), then I don't see a logical reason for keeping it illegal. Picking and choosing which substances it will allow its people to harm themselves with seems a tad bit hypocritical and nonsensical.

But the cons would be adding even more to the current corporate monopoly that has strangled America's healthcare and politics.

But with legality, police could actually enforce problems in the drug world and help people instead of sending them off to prison. And people would no longer have a five year jail sentence for having a few ounces of herb.

The probleme with legalization of soft drugs is that the dealers of pot loosing is job often become a pusher of harder things.
Let's face it,it fairly easy to get hash or weeds,(far to easy to get coke)and you need to be quite stupid to get sentences for it.
Prison being the biggest crime school,no judge in it's right mind want to turn a pot-head into a long terme delinquent.
I find the actual status-quo not too bad.The only real issue is the communication probleme.Telling to teenagers that a joint lead to adiction and use of hard substence is a very big mistake.For he is bond(most)to try it and wonder how far the lie extend.A more clever aproche is needed,the "let's-get-them-scarred" discurse does not work.
Like "take once heroin and your hooked for life" is dangerous,it's should,be like any drug(alcohol include)when you start to orgenize your taking's that danger reside. (this does not include all Acides which are dangerous any time for you never know who made it-aprentice chemist-)
One does not scarre teenagers with hell,one explain were it start.

Most soft drugs are legal over here. Mushrooms are going to be banned shortly though, some people died while using them (jumping off bridges, things like that) and one person killed a dog I believe. Anyhoo, the government is thinking the mushrooms are too dangerous so they're going to be banned.
You can get weed on prescription here too, apparently helps the terminally ill and works like a sort of painkiller that's what I've been told anyway.

You can get weed on prescription here too, apparently helps the terminally ill and works like a sort of painkiller that's what I've been told anyway.

It is also use as something to give appetite to people on aids medication as for "Sclerose en plaque" in French.

I against legalizing drugs. There are health concerns for long term use, studies are ongoing I also haven't seen any proof that pot has medical uses but like most people, I'm open to the possibilities.

Drugs would be safe if they were legalised.

There would also be less people taking them. Most kids start on drugs because it's 'naughty' and addicts need to push drugs to fund their habit.

Drugs being legal wouldn't make them more available. They already are!

Goverments can't legalise drugs. The drugs barons are too powerful to allow it.

Back