• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sign Language Interpreter Is A Violent Schizophrenic

I think in the fullness of time his explanation will be discredited, the guy's a blagger he took the cash thinking nobody would notice.

Well ... no he has actually been hospitalised for a year in a secure facility ... this is the kind of person would expect any reasonably competent security screening to pick up and exclude.

oh wait I'm using 'competent' and Africa in the same sentence - ignore previous statement - the problem is self-evident.

I read that the company he was contracted by was paid $75 for his services. You get what you pay for.

Well ... no he has actually been hospitalised for a year in a secure facility ... this is the kind of person would expect any reasonably competent security screening to pick up and exclude.

It was a blag, he's using his past history as an excuse. There were just too many people watching for him to get away with it.

Forgive me if I hardly think that admitting you were having a full on schizophrenic episode while standing next to various high ranking officials at an internationally broadcast high security event is a good way to cover up for being completely incompetent. He would be better off just shrugging his shoulders and saying what the government are saying 'He was having trouble translating English to Xhosa' although exactly why that is relevant is beyond me.

One would THINK that a. competence rather than just an 'introductory training' would be mandatory at an event of this magnitude b. people with violent tendencies would be excluded by a security check. Oh wait that would exclude most of the dignataries present - more than half of them aren't to be trusted near tyres, matches, or machine guns.

I give up .... welcome to Africa.

It was funny more than anything else besides blagging happens the world over

I think that depends on your point of view. If you were deaf - not so funny.

Just out of curiousity - what do they do in the rest of the civilised world for live broadcasts like that in terms of subtitles etc. I know that all normal TV programs have the text running below.

Back