• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Singapore Sucks! (the book)

Singa Crew

Singapore Sucks! is an eclectic collection of short stories, essays and poems about Singapore. Various topics such as conscription in Singapore, the acceptability of corporal punishment, political oppressiveness in our country and Singaporeans’ fascination with white culture are explored via the medium of short stories in the book. The stories contain sarcasm, humour and insolent honesty.

If you have a blog and would like to write a review for the Second Edition of Singapore Sucks!, please let me know. You can send me an email at singacrew2 [at] gmail [dot] com. Reviewers will receive a free copy of Singapore Sucks!. I will need a postal address in order to mail the book to you.*

* By the way, this complimentary-copy-for-reviewer offer is only available while stocks last. I only have a dozen complimentary copies left.

Is there much opposition to the whole corporal punishment thing?

Depends on who you ask. Many Singaporeans of my mother's and my generation are actually still supportive of corporal punishment.

The story about corporal punishment that appears in my book is about a girl who was constantly abused in her youth. She called the whole corporal punishment thing a rite of childhood.

Back