• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Solved - A new girl at a high school befriends a sinister pack of shapeshifting panthers?

Caz

I had picked these books up at a used book store in PA when I was in Jr. High. There were only three in the series and the story line dealt with a girl who moved to a new high school. She caught the attention of the most attractive boy in the school, who just so happens to be part of a secret panther shape shifting coven. Trouble starts up when he and the new girl start dating and his panther friends don't really approve.

Thats really all I remember but I know I enjoyed the books when I was younger. I've googled plot lines of the book, and tried the same in Amazon. Nothing. Anyone read this book in the past and know the titles of any of the three?

Thanks so much!

Sounds a lot like Blood and Chocolate only thats werewolves and its the girl thats the shape shifter.

i think its the nine lives of Chloe king series by celia thompson
the book titles are the fallen, the stolen and the chosen. they are good books to read as well.

Hi there. Chloe King is to new. These books were definitely done before 1998. Thanks though for the guesses!

I read this series 10/11 years ago. It's young adult/teen fiction and was definitely horror themed. A girl (who is a vegetarian) starts at a new school and befriends nerdy boy A and most attractive boy in the school B. Turns out attractive boy is the leader of a pack of shapeshifting panther kids who hunt animals, and occasionally fellow students, at and around the school.
It turns out they are all reincarnations of some ancient egyptian cult, with the girl being the reincarnation of the high priestess, and at some point she is forced to join the pack in hunting down nerdy boy A to prove her loyalty or some such thing.
I'm pretty sure it was a trilogy and I remember the covers of the books being black, possibly with claw marks? I could be making that last bit up.

If anyone else ever read these books, and could help me out with titles or the author, I would be enormously grateful! I've been trying to hunt them down for years...

I managed to find it out, just now. I'm going to put it here because I know someone was asking about it on one of these forums a few years ago.
The author is Zoe Daniels, series is Year of the Cat. Books are The Dream, The Hunt, The Amulet.
I hope someone else can get some use from this info too!

I think you after the year of the cat series. There's "the dream", "the hunt ", and the amulet" I've been searching for there books forever!! But I think they are out if print now...

Thank you so much! Also read them like a decade ago, and totally forgot about the Egyptian side of things so was searching "girl high school turns into panthers" etc. and finally found this post ;)
Now to find and re-read!

6 years later.. I'm looking for these books too! I remember the girl in highschool going to the mall and dragons were trying to kill her so the panther peoples saved her. I haven't found the name for this book yet.

I had picked these books up at a used book store in PA when I was in Jr. High. There were only three in the series and the story line dealt with a girl who moved to a new high school. She caught the attention of the most attractive boy in the school, who just so happens to be part of a secret panther shape shifting coven. Trouble starts up when he and the new girl start dating and his panther friends don't really approve.

Thats really all I remember but I know I enjoyed the books when I was younger. I've googled plot lines of the book, and tried the same in Amazon. Nothing. Anyone read this book in the past and know the titles of any of the three?

Thanks so much!

Back