• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Solved - old children's book with Kobolds...

lunablu63

I don't know if this book was ever available in the U.K. but I'm hoping someone will know the title and/or author. The story concerned a brother and sister who were attracted to a mysterious forest at the end of a dead-end street in their town. The stepped into another world when the finally were brave enough to enter the woods. They had to travel to another part of the kingdom to obtain help for some reason or other, and they had trouble with kobolds and possibly a evil witch. There was some trouble for them in trying to return to their world. I loved this bold as a child and would love to read it again. I think it may have been written in the 60's or more probably in the 70's.
I would greatly appreciate any help in this...

I'm probably wrong, but it sounds like the Magic Tree House books I read when I was younger buy Mary Pope Osborne. The first book was Dinosaurs Before Dark and the next was The Knight at Dawn. Hope this is right...if not, good luck finding your book.

Thanks Frodo! I checked it out, and that's not it, but thanks for the suggestion. It wasn't exactly medieval times, and definetely not dinosaurs. I think there were either gnomes or dwarves that helped them get away from the Kobolds. I think the king (?) sent them on this quest before he would help them return to their world. One gnome or dwarf in particular helped them and was their guide. I used to have the book, but it got lost somewhere in the last 25 years. :( Thanks anyway!!!:)

Hmmm. Don't know, but it sounds sort of familiar... maybe I'll have an idea later. Right now, though, you've been very successful at one thing... you made me think of ANOTHER book to ask about!

I have been looking for this!!

I read this book in middle school and have thought about it for years. I typed in 3 words and found your post and I'm now ordering the book from Amazon. Thanks!

Back