• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Solved - war time romance story set in Japan

breading1

I read this book about 15 years ago.

The name of the book is something like Omari, or Omamari, or some variation. I've tried to search on google, but with no results.

It is about an American businessman is in Japan with his almost adult son Max. The businessman goes into business with a Japanese man who has a daughter. Max and the daughter eventually fall in love.

World War One starts, and the American businessman is sent to prison(because American is fighting Japan), where he dies. The business eventually falls apart, and the Japanese businessman commits suicide. The book goes into great detail about the atrocities that were committed by the Japanese army when it invaded China. Quite graphic.

This epic romance novel is a very thick book, and I would like very much to read it again. Anyone know what the title is?

Thanks in advance. :)

Although it is not the book you are looking for, The Emperor's General by James Webb has a plot line which has many points of similarity with the one you outline. I hope someone recognizes your book, because I would like to read it. In the meantime, you might enjoy The Emperor's General.
Good luck!
:flowers:

Back