• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Spoilers question

Prolixic

kickbox
I think its very courteous to use spoilers in a general book discussion but do we need to use them in the book of the month discussion threads? I guess what I am trying to find out is at what point do we assume that every one has read the book and get on with the discussion? Should anyone reading the Thread for the Book of the Month just assume that if they read it they might ruin the story for themselves? Just curious...

I'm not sure. I'd probably say that we could assume that people reading the thread have finished the book, otherwise nearly every post is going to contain spoilers.

Would a separate forum for these group read books (with a spolier notice) be the best option?

Would a separate forum for these group read books (with a spolier notice) be the best option?

I think that would be a great idea. I had the same concern. I want to ask a question, but the entire post would be a spoiler, as would be any response.

I guess what prompted the question was this thread:

http://www.thebookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16

We had a great discussion going but just about everyone involved seemed to be worried about blowing the books so there are spoilers in most of the posts. Then there is the new thread about the November Book of the Month and I posted with yet another huge old spoiler in the middle of it.

Anyway, a Book of the Month Forum is a great idea IMHO. You could post a warning about the open nature of the discussions and then people could surf, lurk, or read at their own risk.

Back