• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Spooks (the BBC TV show)

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
Anyone watch this show? The UK title is Spooks but some reason the version the U.S. gets is called MI-5. Whatever.

Netflix recommended it to me and I have to say that it is pretty damn good, even though I don't understand all the nuances of the government and culture in England. It's almost the antithesis of Burn Notice and like most of the other BBC dramas, you need to be paying attention lest you miss something important.

I watch Burn Notice and think, "whoah, it would be cool to be a spy"; I watch MI-5 and think, "Thank God I am not a spy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvaGLm-XsOo

So...anyone else watch this?

I was just laughing when I saw that because my first thought was they changed the name in the U.S. out of political correctness. Then I imagined scrolling through my channel listings and seeing a show called "spooks". Anyway sorry I have a dumb sense of humor. Too much Chappelle show.
If I get a chance I will check it out because I like spy shows.

I thought you were laughing because you read the name of the show as MI-5. Whatever.

It's interesting to watch just to see how they view America (the CIA, NSA, etc.).

No, it was just good old fashioned racism. Lol
Anyhow I will check it out. I would imagine they hold a dim view of American intelligence services. But I am interested. I liked Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy and it got me interested in British intelligence stuff. Hopefully they have it in the on demand section so I can catch up on anything I've missed.

Back