• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stand Up Comedy

lies

Which stand up comedians do you enjoy? I've only been to a stage show once (Geert Hoste), but I've been watching a few shows on DVD and now I'd love to branch out. Any suggestions?

Since you speak Dutch anyway, I'd suggest checking out Hans Teeuwen, the Dutch comedian (cabaratier) - he's incredibly rude, but unfathomably funny, also.

And I guess you know Bill Bailey already.

I've heard about Hans Teeuwen, but never seen him perform. Any other Dutch comedians that are worth checking out? (Preferable stuff that's still on TV.)

Actually, the only Bill Bailey performance I've ever seen was the one at Comic Aid and I thought that was pretty boring. (It was short though, so maybe it wasn't enough to go on.)

Never seen Bill Bailey perform, myself, but he rocks on Buzzcocks.

Besides Teeuwen (really do check him out), there's not many Dutch comedians I really like.

Maybe other folks have some international suggestions?

Robert said:
I'm not sure I know what that means. What would have happened if I had added Bill Cosby to the list?
I just meant they're all American. I actually don't think I know any American comedians.

Robert said:
Oh? How about Seinfeld?
Saw bits and pieces of episodes, but I can't say I liked any of it. Later on I saw him on Oprah and was even less impressed.

Oh, I guess I do know some comedians. They used to air "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" here.

lies said:
Saw bits and pieces of episodes, but I can't say I liked any of it. Later on I saw him on Oprah and was even less impressed.

Oh, I guess I do know some comedians. They used to air "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" here.

I don't care for Seinfeld, but my wife is a big fan. I alwasy though the best North American regular on Whose Line was Colin Mochrie, a Candian.

My current fav is the guys from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Jeff Foxwrthy (although his "you might be a redneck if" schtick has gotten kind of old), Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy and Ron White. Of the four, I think Ron White is the best. Some of his delivery is so dry, then it hits you. :p

cajunmama said:
My current fav is the guys from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Jeff Foxwrthy (although his "you might be a redneck if" schtick has gotten kind of old), Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy and Ron White. Of the four, I think Ron White is the best. Some of his delivery is so dry, then it hits you. :p

Jeff Foxworthy is a riot. Is he still doing his act?

Back