• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Star Trek: Nemesis

Darren

Being a bit of a Sci-Fi fan, I'm looking forward to seeing this when it's released in the UK.

Anyone seen it yet? It looks very good from the trailor shown on TV here. Is this going to be the last of "The Next Generation" films?

I saw "Nemesis" just the other day.
I can't say that I was disappointed, but I can think of a lot of things I would have done differently if I were the director/writers, etc. The plot reminded me very greatly of "The Wrath of Kahn". (Saying that won't give away anything to anyone.)
My main complaint, walking out of the theatre, was that the pacing seemed all wrong in the movie. Or, maybe it was just that the story was too big to cram into a 2 hr. movie.

Where was Mini-Me?

Not a bad film at all, but - apart from First Contact - all the Next Gen films feel more like extended TV episodes than real film films.

And more to the point, what were they thinking with the villain this time?? I mean, no quibbles - the actor is obviously quite capable, but the character's whole look, manner, voice and everything were just too close to a certain Dr Evil. I kept expecting him to put his little finger to the corner of his mouth and say, "It's over for you, Picard - unless you deliver me one million dollars!"

Tobytook

Tobytook, glad to see you back! I've not seen Nemesis yet, but will probably wait til the DVD. I was afraid I'd be disappointed, since I was an avid Next Generation fan, so decided to skip it when it hit the theaters.

Too trekkie?

Hey Dawn

Thanks for the welcome back. You are well-advised to leave off the latest (and final?) ST:TNG offering from the cinema.

It is pretty good, no arguments there, and the final scene is extremely Star Trek II - although the director (a first-timer for Star Trek) had already said it would be. But watching it on the small screen would be fine as - see my last comment - it feels like an extended episode.

Tobytook

too trekkie, part II

I wouldn't mind the extended episode...I could pretend the series never ended. But then I could pretend alot of things haven't happed since the show went off the air. Like...my hair was still REALLY blond and not out of a bottle. I could pretend my kids still liked to hear MY music. (My ears will never be the same since they found their own taste doesn't match mine.) I could pretend I didn't have a mortgage yet. You get the picture. :D

And, sigh, Riker hadn't grown a beard...(fans self) Counselor Troy hadn't figured out she didn't have to wear the body suit, Worf was still that shy Klingon next door...

Oh, you had to mention the mortgage, didn't you?

I haven't seen it yet but it look like a rental from the beginning. Hope I'll be sad I didn't see it in the theater.

I was going to see it this weekend but it's not showing any more at my local cinemas :(

Looks like I'll have to wait to rent the DVD (probably won't be too long).

Back