• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Strand Bookstore Commercial

Jameson Rich

Hi there,

My name is Jameson Rich and I'm a student at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts. For my third year production class, I made a spec commercial for the Strand Bookstore in NYC. I'm a huge fan of the store, as I know many readers are (both New Yorkers and non).

I am curious to see what some fellow avid readers and book lovers think of the piece. Just looking for some feedback.

Please let me know what you think!

The video is here:

thanks,
Jameson

it tells a lovely story of the interconnectedness of books in the lives of the couple ... not entirely sure that that connects fully with the actual store though. Gets the message of the power of books across beautifully, but there doesn't seem to be any motivation / connection for going to that particular store, by which I mean that I would go out and buy books after watching that, but wouldn't necessarily care which store it was.

And PS they have too few books - a lifetime of books is not 3 half full shelves :)

PPS moved to the video section of the forum.

Back